Before your arrival

Administrative steps prior to departure

Administrative steps in France

Students coming from outside of the European Union must obtain a “Visa Long Séjour” (long stay visa) giving “titre de Séjour” (stay permit), dispensed by the French Consulate. The tourist visa is not sufficient and can lead to deportation after 3 months as well as non-recognition of degrees obtained.

To obtain this visa you must provide the following documents to the French Consulate:

  • certificate of pre-registration to a school or university
  • Proof of sufficient financial resources to support yourself.

The day you arrive you must have your passport stamped by the border police. If you transit through another Schengen country, this stamp must be obtained from the appropriate authority in that country.

Within 3 months of your arrival you must submit the following documents to the International Relations Office of the faculty:

  • The document « Demande d’attestation OFII (Office Français de l’Immigration et de l’Intégration) » Which will have been issued by the Consulate with your visa.
  • copy of your passport

These 2 documents will subsequently be sent to the OFII by the International Relations Office. You will subsequently be summoned by the OFII by post to validate your visa and attend a medical check up at the OFII: 892 avenue de la République à Marcq-en-Barœul.

You must provide:

  • A copy of your passport
  • passport sized photo (no hats, glasses or other apparel that may cover the face and the neck)
  • Proof of address in France
  • revenue stamp (“timbre fiscal”) for 55€